Welcome! This blog was created to share all the pictures I have taken in my backyard of these beautiful screech owls.
Enjoy the pictures as much as I have enjoyed watching these beautiful creatures!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Before I was brave...

Before I was brave to move close enough to the owls, I stayed close to the back door.  Would they chase me if I got too close?  Would they stay where they were?  I used my zoom lens, and with a very shaky hand took a few (ok... pretty bad) pictures.  So, they are still far away and very blurry. 

I have only seen one other owl in the wild, and that was a year or two ago in the trails behind our home.  These are screech owls, and are not very big.  Maybe about 10 inches tall?  We have the same beauties visit us every night.  :)

IMG_8808


IMG_8794-001


IMG_8801


IMG_8792



No comments:

Post a Comment